Comment on page
Purpose of Hideez Key
What problems does Hideez Key help you solve
Electronic key Hideez Key is designed to authenticate users on electronic devices, such as PCs; storing encryption keys, passwords, logins and other personal data; performing encryption, hashing and electronic signature operations; generating one-time passwords (OTP); and identifying users using the RFID protocol (125 kHz HID and Em-Marine standards).
Hideez Key requires the installation of the Hideez Safe software. Using Hideez Key along with Hideez Safe allows users to perform the following operations:
- Lock/unlock access to a PC, based on an estimation of distance using the radio-signal indicator for the Bluetooth signal (RSSI).
- Store user credentials for various programs and web-services.
- Generate one-time passwords for services that use two-factor authentication specification RFC 6238, such as Google, Microsoft, Dropbox and Facebook.
- Perform encryption operations and electronic signatures according to the AES-128, RSA-1024 and ECC standards inside Hideez Key.
- Update Hideez Key firmware using a Bluetooth channel.
- Remotely (by Bluetooth) turn off the computer.
- Run the executable file.